Is your broker taking proactive steps to help you lower your workers' comp premiums?
Churchill & Associates will help you reduce claims and control costs by establishing a written safety policy, implementing a return to work program, streamlining reporting procedures and identifying top loss sources.
There are many ways to control workers' compensation costs within your business. The most important is to convince your employees that maintaining a safe workplaceis vital and will consequently reduce your insurance costs.
At Churchill & Associates, we help our clientele control the costs of their workers compensation through the education and implementation of tailor made thought patterns and program procedures.
- Return-To-Work policy in which employees work modified duty until they are fully healthy to do their jobs.
- Helping understand the elements that contribute to your workers' compensation costs. Your classification codes, experience modification, company growth and company acquisitions can all affect your premiums. It is vital that you understand the impact that each brings to your overall pricing.
- Orient and train your employees on safe practices necessary for their job functions and tasks. Once training is complete, ask new employees to sign an agreement confirming that they understand company safety procedures.
- Insist that employee claims are reported promptly, as statistics reveal that for every week that a claim goes unreported, the cost can increase as much as 50 percent.
- Investigate the cause of injuries and illnesses. While one injury may be behind you, others will take its place unless you do something to reduce the change of the incident occurring again. Also ask the injured employee how the situation could have been prevented.